There are lots of preventative measures you can take to reduce carpet staining. No shoes on the carpet, well-behaved pets and many other actions will keep your carpet fresh for longer, but a spill or two will eventually happen. Once the time has come for you to clean a stain from the carpet, check on these guidelines and get rid of the mess like a pro:
- Remove coffee stains – to successfully remove a coffee stain from the carpet, start collecting the spill immediately using paper towels or a clean white towel. After that, you should add a tablespoon of liquid dish soap to two tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide to make a powerful cleaning remedy. Apply the mixture, wait for a couple of minutes and then rub the stain with a scrubbing brush to push the cleaning solution deeper. Rinse with water and blot the surface dry. If necessary, you might repeat the treatment several times until the coffee mess disappears.
- Remove urine stains – urine stains could be tough to address, but if you act on the stain fast, you will have no problem eliminating it. While some homeowners prefer to rely on store-bought enzyme-based cleaning products to tackle urine stains on the carpet, you can take the eco-friendly way and use baking soda and vinegar. Cover the stain with a generous amount of baking soda and let the natural ingredient sit for a few minutes. Baking soda has absorbent and deodorising properties, which makes it perfect for treating urine carpet stains. With the affected surface almost dry, mix equal amounts of white vinegar and water in a spray bottle and spritz the mixture on the carpet. Wait for another few minutes before rinsing thoroughly with water. If some baking soda residue still sits on the carpet, remove it with the vacuum cleaner.
- Remove oily stains – the list of things that can cause oily stains on the carpet is pretty long, but the most effective cleaning remedy is one – baking soda. As you have already found out, baking soda is absorbent, and this quality can prevent grease from permanently staining the carpet. Sprinkle baking soda on the stain and allow the ingredient to sit for a few hours before vacuum cleaning. After you vacuum the surface, take a clean microfiber cloth and moisten it with rubbing alcohol. Blot the stain with the cloth, then let the carpet dry.
- Remove red wine stains – red wine spills are a common issue, especially for people with light-coloured carpets. As soon as the spill occurs, take paper towels to absorb the liquids from the carpet. After that, you should fill a spray bottle with club soda and spritz it directly on the stained area. You must wait a few minutes before blasting the carpet with a clean microfiber cloth. Club soda is a beautiful eco-friendly strategy to banish red wine stains from the carpet, white wine, and many types of juice spilt on the carpeted floor.
- Remove chocolate stains – as much as you love chocolate, you don’t want to see it as a carpet stain, as those messes could be tricky to get rid of. Best-case scenario, you would deal with a complex piece stuck in the carpet, and you need to scrape it off with a dull object before doing anything else. If the chocolate has melted, place a bag of ice cubes to harden it, then scrape it off. Once you have removed loose pieces, fill a cup with warm water and add a few drops of liquid dish soap. Apply the solution with a clean white towel and let it sit for a few minutes before rinsing.
These fabulous, eco-friendly cleaning guidelines keep your carpet fresh and free from stains.
©Carpet Cleaner Ltd