Carpets are a soft, cosy solution to improve your interior and when cleaned appropriately, they look gorgeous. While carpets are challenging to maintain, with the right cleaning techniques they can be extremely durable as well. If you have just installed a brand-new, expensive carpet, you need to learn how to prolong its lifespan. Read on to find out the most important steps that will let you enjoy a long-lasting carpet:
- Clean stains on time – have you ever tried to eliminate a carpet stain that has already spent days on the surface? If you have, chances are you found it extremely difficult to remove the mess completely. That’s because carpets are prone to absorbing liquids, which means that removing stains on time is crucial to the longevity of your rug. Surely you wouldn’t always be able to react to spills immediately, but whenever you have the opportunity to tackle the mess right away, don’t miss the chance. You will notice how quickly stains can be banished from the carpet if you address them early.
- Use the right cleaning product – in its lifespan, your carpet will face various messes, each one requiring treatment of its own. To rely on a spotless carpet for many years, you should learn the right cleaning products to address each mess with. Luckily you don’t have to purchase a different detergent for any type of carpet stain since eco-friendly ingredients you already have at home come to the rescue. Baking soda, white distilled vinegar, lemon juice, as well as rubbing alcohol work wonders in tackling almost all carpet stains, so make sure you never run out of these fabulous natural remedies.
- Limit the number of chemicals – in addition to being cheap and easy to find, natural ingredients used for carpet cleaning are the most harmless solution you can rely on. Unlike DIY mixtures, aggressive store-bought detergents contain harsh chemicals that can do more harm than good. When applied to the carpet, some of these toxic products might damage the fibres of your rug, thus shortening its longevity. So when it comes to the right carpet maintenance, try to apply as few chemical-based detergents as possible.
- Master vacuum cleaning – trapped dust and debris are pollutants that have a negative impact on the longevity of your carpet unless fully banished from the rug. Vacuum cleaning is the most effective technique to employ when removing grime from the rug, so make sure you tackle the chore right. Invest in a quality machine that will serve you for a long time and remember to empty its bag or canister regularly. When vacuum cleaning, go over the entire carpet, starting from the centre and moving towards the edges. Vacuum clean at least once a week to never allow debris to settle in the carpet and if you enjoy a big family, consider vacuum cleaning twice or three times per week.
- Hire professional help – having your carpet cleaned by the experts is a must when the longevity of your rug is at stake. A professional carpet cleaning service involves deep cleaning the carpet and eliminating both stains and germs. Experts own the most efficient carpet cleaning tools and solutions that let them disinfect your floors without posing any threat to the condition of your carpet. So when you decide on hiring an expert service, look for a proven company with plenty of experience in the industry. This way you will rest assured your carpet will be addressed with the best cleaning equipment available on the market.
Do you wonder how to make your fabulous carpet last longer? Keep it properly cleaned and you can be certain it will stay in excellent shape for years ahead.
© Carpet Cleaner Ltd